Pages

11.05.2011

Progress, Not Perfection

Tip #45: "Strive for Progress, Not Perfection" has been a favorite quote I've simply adored and totally overused over the past year or so.  I find it to be a great guide.  It banishes my excuses.  I don't have to get it right. . . I just have to get it going.  Honestly, I couldn't recall where I heard that wonderfully true quote from originally.  You see, I read and follow a good number of inspirational people and blogs and I just lost the source of that great line somewhere along the line.  Today, however, I came across it.  In an information product entitled Organize Your Life and Goals, I found that line.  I couldn't believe it!  Now I'd like to give the credit where it is due.  In this great resource, Michele Connolly, the author and Founder of Get Organized Wizard, writes:

No-one is always perfectly organized. And even if they could be, the time, effort and stress of maintaining perfect, perpetual order would crowd out too many other things that make life good. Learn more about Getting Organized Wizard here:
Whatever you choose, take it easy.  You're unlikely to persist if a goal is too big or requires too much time and effort from your already busy life. Go for progress, not perfection, and let the momentum from small successes carry you along.

Are you feeling ready? Then let’s get organized!

Try to tackle whatever project that you have felt overwhelmed by.  Don't expect that you are going to get it perfect, but plan on making a bit of progress.  After all, we need to strive for Progress, Not Perfection!!

There are 56 days remaining in the year 2011. Are you making progress and do you plan on ending the year feeling accomplished? It is never too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free E-book with subscription!

Getting Organized Magazine - Wide Banner Ad