Pages

10.05.2011

Sorry, I owe an explanation

I have been missing in action the last several days.  he reason is that my mother went into the hospital several days ago via Emergency Room with internal bleeding.  It has been a very long, challenging couple of days.  I won't bog down the blog with details, but suffice it to say that I was far from being able to focus on my blog, my business, or much else for a while.  Good news! This afternoon she had a procedure that finally got the bleed to stop and she will be fine - probably even released tomorrow!


So I am back.  However, I'm disappointed that my blog has 'holes' in the days and I still want to meet the challenge I set out to acheive.  So, I'm gonna get creative and I'm going to plug those holes tonight - but give them dates to make them appear that they happened on the appropriate dates.  This is not me trying to trick you - in which case this post would be completely unnecessary.  Rather, this is my perfectionist side wanting things to be back the way they belong.  I hope you understand.

TIP #14 in our series is: Go for Progress.  Not for Perfect.

Seriously.  There are probably those of you reading this right now that have given up when you sensed 'it'wasn't going to work out to meet your ideal vision of 'it'.  Your IT might be getting in shape, improving a family relationship, or obtain better order.  Discouragement sets in and you abadon the pursuit cold turkey.  If you can pull yourself away from your emotional attachment for a moment and look at the goal from an objective view, it could probably be broken down into manageable changes.  This way, instead of wanting to "lose 40 pounds", choose instead to set yourself a closer goal.  An example of a daily challenge would be to not have any soda, or to drink 6 glasses of water, or to walk at least 30 minutes.  This same goal can have a weekly challenge of exercising at least 3 times this week, of only having soda on Friday, or of cooking one truly healthy meal that you otherwise wouldn't try.  These challenges will give you progress toward your ultimate objective of losing weight, but it will also allow you to experience small victories which will spur you on to continue trying.

Make sense?  I'd love to have you post your comment below letting me know what larger goal you are going to break down into smaller chunks!

There are 87 days remaining in 2011. What can you do today to help you face the new year with pride?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free E-book with subscription!

Getting Organized Magazine - Wide Banner Ad