1. Set the example - prepare ahead and set goals. Your kids will watch you doing this and it will become something that they will do as well.
2. Take time at the beginning of each week to plan out the week's work and activity.
3. Give your kids a chance to show initiative - allow for extra credit or chores that are above and beyond what is expected of them.
4. For you homeschooling moms, try to plan challenging classes or assigments when your child is mentally the strongest and most attentive. For most people, this will be early on in the day, but you know your child best.
4. For you homeschooling moms, try to plan challenging classes or assigments when your child is mentally the strongest and most attentive. For most people, this will be early on in the day, but you know your child best.
5. Use a planner. Simple, but effective. Teach your kids to keep a planner as well. Did you know that you are 30% more likely to do something when you write it down?!?
6. Again, I'm gonna same to teach by example. This applies to chores as well. Want to get them to help with laundry. Well, first have them watch you do it. Next, have them do it while you supervise, and finally, have them do it themselves alone.
7. Music is an excellent tool to memorize anything- make learning fun. Put what you are teaching to a tune. . . you will be pleasantly suprised at the results!
8. No TV, radio, computer, or other distractions when studying or doing assignments.
9. I struggle with this myself, but I am sure that if I could just teach my children to enjoy learning, they will find success. So - work at making learning fun. (I know it is so much easier to say this than it is to do this, but still - try it!)
10. Consistency is cherished by children. Try to get up, start school, eat, do chores, and get to bed at the same time each day.
______________________________________________________
On a completely different note. . . I am on pins and needles!! Clever Container's newest catalog is days away from being distributed! I am anxiously awaiting our weekly e-planner which is to have the PDF of the catalog attached. Then, next week - the actual paper catalogs will begin to be shipped out to all of our consultants. Woo-hoo!! I love new products. I love Clever Container. I love my team, my hostesses, my customers, and all of you - my readers. :-)
Stay tuned. . . .

No comments:
Post a Comment