Pages

2.04.2010

Dropped Laptop. . . I'm lost

I dropped my laptop.  That is the bad news.  The good news is that I held on to the 2 year old.  Yes, I was carrying them both.  Not wise.  If I could do it again, I wouldn't have been in such a rush.  Well, there is more good news.  Before my battery died, I was able to tell that my laptop still works.  However it was plugged in when I dropped it and the AC adapter broke off inside my laptop.  Got the piece out but need to replace the adapter.  I'll be back to normal in a few days, I'm sure.

In the meantime, however, I am limited to my desktop computer that is set up in the basement.  It does put a damper on things.  Numerous inconveniences are being discovered, in addition to the obvious - stationery location.  Though I have a home network, I cannot retreive opened and saved emails from my laptop.  I can recieve and send new ones, but I often do my work directly from my Outlook mailboxes.  I make phone calls and follow up emails based on the information contained in the emails.  Well, live and learn.

One other thing this has forced me to face, though I hate to admit it.  Having my laptop so readily available really eats into my productivity.  I will have to discipline myself to use it only at designated times in the future.

Stay tuned my faithful readers. . . I will soon be unveiling a whole new look.  My website and blog are gonna look awesome.  Can't wait.  Check back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free E-book with subscription!

Getting Organized Magazine - Wide Banner Ad