Pages

1.25.2010

MENU PLAN MONDAY

After the rough start to the weekend with my li'l Michael and his medical emergency (read more here), I am pleased that I was able to still accomplish some things around the house this weekend!  I spent time cleaning out my full-size freezer in the basement tonight.  I've taken stock of what I have on hand in my home.  Therefore, my meal plan is, for the most part, going to be based on what I want to use up from the freezer. 

This is what my Stolen Moments plan would be and
how I'll modify it to fit my needs.
(If you want to learn more about the menu service that I use,
click the link over on the top right in my sidebar):

Monday, January 25
Southwest Chicken and Potato Casserole
(perfect!  I have lots of chicken breast and potatoes)

Tuesday, January 26
Salisbury Steak
Mashed Potatoes
Brocolli
(another good one for freezer clean out eating.
We have lots of ground beef and potatoes)

Wednesday, January 27
Should be "Upside Down Pizza" according to my Stolen Moments menu, but I don't think I'll be trying this recipe this week, as I want to eat from our freezer for the most part - maybe next week.  Perhaps we'll eat the Pork Chops from the freezer that night.
Double baked potatoes (from Market Day)
Some type of frozen veggies.

Thursday, January 28
Chili Cheddar Penne
Skillet Corn
(honestly, can't decide if we'll do this or not.  It's meatless, but it does sound good.  I may make it as a side with some
chicken breast that I need to use)

Friday, January 29
Crockpot Ham and Beans
Corn Bread
(have a ham that needs to be cooked too - this should work into our week's meals nicely!)

Saturday, January 30
Captain Crunch Chicken
Mapleglazed carrots
French Fries
(yum.  Can't wait to try this recipe.  Have the chicken breast already.  Recipe suggests frying but gives instructions on how to bake it as well - I'll do that.)



Sunday, January 31
Homemade Pizza
(here again, I'll just follow loosely.  Stolen Moments gave me a recipe that makes everything from scratch, and I'll try that if/when I'm not too busy, but we have a neighborhood store that sells pizza set-ups and my thought is that we'll make pizzas that way. :-) )

What are you serving your family this week??

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free E-book with subscription!

Getting Organized Magazine - Wide Banner Ad