Pages

12.06.2009

It’s Beginning to look a lot like Christmas. . .


With the lack of snow in our area, sometimes it is hard to believe that Christmas will be here in only 18 more days! The hustle and bustle of our busy household seems amplified now as we add Christmas program practices, parties, and other holiday events to our calendar. It can all be overwhelming and it threatens to overshadow the meaning of Christmas altogether. Still, at times like tonight, I am really grateful for all that the Lord has blessed me with, and no amount of busyness can touch it! I can't help to be proud of the hodge-podge of a tree that we have. As the years have passed, and the kids have brought home various ornaments and projects that they have made at school or right out at our kitchen table, the tree has become more and more like a arts and craft display. With a good number of these ornaments being done by the kids while they were 'little', the tree is far from elegant, but I love it with all my heart. Each year as we select the ornaments from the box, they come with stories. . . "remember when I made this. . " or "look at how young I look" It is great! What a wonderful 'family' moment it allows us.

I hope that you have the joy of Christmas in your homes these days as well!




MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE GARCIA KIDS CLAN! J

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free E-book with subscription!

Getting Organized Magazine - Wide Banner Ad