Well, it was a very eventful weekend, to say the least. I am glad to have it behind me, although I did enjoy much of it. Nothing like an insane flurry of activity to get you appreciating "normal" life again, am I right?!?
Christmas Eve was hosted by us here in my home. We had my brother and his family, and my sister and her family over for dinner and presents. Christmas day brought us over to my mother in law's home for food and fellowship for most of the entire day. Today, Saturday, the day after Christmas, we actually hosted a housefull of people again as we celebrated Danny's birthday.
Christmas holiday's and me . . . we have a love/hate relationship. I do enjoy many of the elements of Christmas, but I don't love what it has become. Crazyness, materialism, stress. . . . what happened to celebrating Jesus' birth?

No comments:
Post a Comment