Pages

11.30.2009

Vendor Fairs and more. . .


On Sunday, I was at a Holiday Shopping Extravaganza vendor fair in Round Lake, IL. It was a very nice fair. Well run by Michelle Meyer. Michelle is a Tastefully Simple consultant. Check out here site: www.tastefullysimple.com/web/mmeyer I have tried many, many of their products and have enjoyed them all. Thanks again, Michelle!

While I was really hoping that I could gain some interest in that area, I wasn't disappointed that I (hopefully) booked a show. J The rule is that it isn't a real booking unless they are on your calendar, and since I did not get a date from this woman, I can only wait. . .

Boy, I would love to get more Illinois reps! While I enjoy the social side of vendor fairs, I dislike that the ones that are out of my immediate area takes up so much of my time. The drive for Sunday's event was about 1 ½ hours each direction. So before taking into account setting up, being at the event, and breaking down, I'm already 3 hours invested. My goal, when I take on these further distance events, is to try to generate interest in the business opportunity. How much more sense it would make for a local lady, ya know? Not to mention that part of the draw to these fairs is that it is an opportunity to get some shows booked. If the drive is far, I'm less likely to really want to book numerous shows out that way.

So, if you know anyone in Illinois that likes to organize, or had the desire to become better organized, and desires to get in on a ground floor direct sales opportunity, please send her my way! I will be very grateful. ;-)

But, I digress. I want to tell you about my new friend, Ewa. Ewa is a soon-to-be blogger (right, Ewa? J) and multi-talented mother of two! She creates these adorable hair accessories. Check out her site here: www.babiesnblooms.com In addition to raising her children and running her own business, she and her husband also run their own plumbing business as well! Talk about multi-tasking! I enjoyed chatting with her during that event.

Ewa also turned me on to a friend of her's blog. www.classychaos.com What a fun blogger. Her content is light and relatable. Check her out as well. J

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free E-book with subscription!

Getting Organized Magazine - Wide Banner Ad