Pages

10.19.2009

Rena is rockin'! . . . and more

One of my newest team members, Rena, had a great launch show this weekend!  I'm so proud of her.  Congratulations Rena!!  You are gonna be great.

I know that with these newest ladies on my team, and the new year around the corner (it seems everyone really thinks organization in January) I will be on my road to Director.  I have to meet the requirements for the 2 steps before Director, of course, first.  My goal would be to acheive Director by the end of 2010.  I also would like to share another new goal.   Beginning in November, I would like to hold a minimum of 1 show per week, but ideally I'd love to have 8 shows per month.  I will have to get on the phone during this next week to get my November calendar booked, but I know I can do it!! 

My birthday was a few days ago, and my husband's birthday is the 21st.  He loves the band out of Chicago called Wilco.  So we went to see them in concert last evening.  It was an older crowd, not what I was used to seeing at a concert, but still a bit closer to where we are in life, I suppose.  Still, even with it being a mellower scene, I still am glad that this isn't a regular part of my life anymore.  I enjoy my 'grown up' role as a mother and wife, and I suppose even a homemaker.  I guess the parts I don't like stem from insecurity.  I just don't feel adequate in certain areas, ya know?  Anyway, bottom line is that we are steadily moving away from that whole area of our lives.  I could leave it behind in a heartbeat, because music isn't as big a part of my life as it is my husband.  He is really influenced by music.  However, praise God, he even said that he is getting old and that he has to put away this type of activity! 

My wonderful friend, Lori, was so kind to us.  She offered to help us park for the event, since she was working it.  Thanks Lori!!  We appreciated your kindness very much.  Sorry for our lack of show of appreciation, it was considered too late, but I'm sure that a hot chocolate would have served well!!

Speaking of Lori, she is trying to convince me to walk the 60 mile (3 day) breast cancer walk again in 2010.  I say she is trying to convince me, but I've actually been thinking of it for months myself.  I walked it in 2004 and I was probably at my peak of health during the months leading up to it.  I was forced to train, in a sense, and it really motivated me to be consistent in my exercise and walking.  One thing leads to another, as many of you know.  So, walking lead to feel better about my health, and feeling better caused me to eat better and to drink lots more water.  All in all, it was a really good experience (although I wouldn't have described it as a good experience during the walk nor in the early days after - maybe I'll expand on that in tomorrow's post).  I really think I will do it!  If I sign up now, I have 10 months to fundraise, and that is a good amount of time - the amount is somewhere around $2000 that I'd committ to raising, so the longer time, the better!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free E-book with subscription!

Getting Organized Magazine - Wide Banner Ad