Pages

9.30.2009

Procratination, Tardiness, and Business

I reread my post from yesterday, and I find it highly convicting. I am probably the queen of procrastination. It affects every area of my life. Without exception. Not something to be proud of, I know. . . I'm not. In fact, I see the fruits of my example in my children and I think that is the worst feeling. My oldest son is known for being late. He has earned 2 detentions since the beginning of the school year (only 1 month!) for his excessive tardies. The saddest thing is that he isn't bothered by it. I am sure that he thinks that being late is "normal", since that is the way of our family. I try to really get him moving in the mornings, but I am at a loss for how you physically make a 14 year old teenage boy (my size now) get in the car when you say. After talking it through with my husband and my wonderful christian friend, Ruth, I have decided I will need to get extreme in my consequences. (Oh, the worst part of all of this being late in the mornings is that we also give a ride to another student. . . and therefore, we cause him to be late as well). I need to notify him that I am leaving at 7:50 and if he isn't in the car, he will have to walk. (School is 2.5 miles away from the house. . . it is a 10 minute car ride. It'll easily be 1/2 hour for him to walk it). That will be so hard for me to actually do. Saying it is easy. I'm great at threats. It's the follow through that gets me. However, I can see that he needs to change this bad habit now, and it is my job as his mother to help him to grow into a strong, responsible man.

In addition to feeling the effects of procrastination in my family life. . . I also feel it in my business. I have so many "shoulds" in my business area. Mostly in the area of phone calls, since I am always waiting for a 'better' time when there would be less interuptions. I feel that I could be doing SO much better with my business if I could only follow a plan. I have plans. I spend lots of time in the 'planning' stages, but rarely if ever get around to implementing my plans. Are you with me? I'd love to hear from any of you reading this.

I know how to do things, and could advise my team, my family, my friends. . . and yet there are many things that I'd advise that I don't follow myself. I am really praying that the Lord will help me in this area of my life...I know that He has the power to change me. I need to intentionally seek Him out daily and try to keep his will for my life in the forefront. I am sure that would help me choose better.

Well, I have to go now. . . I have a few phone calls I need to make. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free E-book with subscription!

Getting Organized Magazine - Wide Banner Ad