Pages

9.28.2009

Procrastination is my sin, it brings me nothing but sorrow. I know I should stop it, in fact, I will . . . tomorrow.

"I spent a fortune on a trampoline, a stationery bike, and a rowing machine.  Complete with gadgets to read my pulse and gadget to prove my progress results, and others to show the miles I charted, but they left off the gadget to get me started."  :-)

Most of us smile about the subject of procrastination, because we all tend to put things off until another time. Are you inclined to procrastinate? A survey showed 98% of people in any large audience had experienced procrastination at one time or another, and the other 2% haven’t gotten around to thinking about it yet. 

Tomorrow can be a dangerous word. Tomorrow has robbed many dreamers of their dreams. It has robbed many students from their educational opportunities. Satan’s favorite word would have to be tomorrow.  But 'today' or 'now' has to be dear to God.

How does procrastination effect our lives?

1. You rob yourself of opportunities to serve God. "Do it now" when you feel God prompting you to do or speak. 

2. It will rob you of success in your life. “Do it tomorrow” doesn’t work.

As mothers, I think that we have the additional responsibility of also teaching this behavior to our children.  It is imperative that we triumph over this struggle, to the best of our ability, in order to set the proper example for our children's sake.  We CAN do better. . . it is promised to us in God's word.  We need to ask God for him to help us with out procrastination issues!!

Around The Corner

Charles Hanson Towne (1877-1949)

Around the corner I have a friend
In this great city that has no end;
Yet days go by, and weeks rush on,
And before I know it, a year is gone,
And I never see my old friend’s face,
For life is a swift and terrible race.
He knows I like him just as well
As in the days when I rang his bell
And he rang mine.
We were younger then,
And now we are busy, tired men;
Tired with trying to make a name
Tired with playing a foolish game,
‘Tomorrow,’ I say, ‘I will call on Jim,
Just to show that I’m thinking of him.’
But tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes,
And the distance between us grows and grows.
Around the corner!— yet miles away ...
‘Here’s a telegram, sir.
Jim died today.’
And that’s what we get and deserve in the end
Around the corner, a vanished friend.

*summarized from a radio show featuring Dr. David Jeremiah (Turning Point).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free E-book with subscription!

Getting Organized Magazine - Wide Banner Ad