Tip # 55: Let Go of the "Someday" or "Just In Case" Clutter! It is just taking up space. If you cannot stand the idea of donating it to someone else (and there would be someone out there that would be so grateful to get your things!) because you aren't convinced that you should get rid of it, do the 3 month test and put it in a rubbermaid or some other longer term storage solution and put it out of sight - circle the date on your calendar 3 months from today to remind yourself to access your need. If you don't go to retrieve it within a 3 month period of time - you should be convinced that you are safe to let it go!
I was inspired on this post by reading Laura's post over at The Organizing Junkie. She is doing 52 Weeks of Organizing on her site. Head there to check it out. I'm quite sure that I've disclosed this as one of my favorite blogs to follow before, but I'll be happy to say it again. The Organizing Junkie is stock full of useful, fun, practical content to help you find your way in the organizing pursuit.
There are 48 days remaining in the year 2011. Are you making progress and do you plan on ending the year feeling accomplished? It is never too late! Shoot for the moon!!! :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment