During the later part of this very calendar year, I will turn 40. On one hand, I find it hard to believe, but in another way, I feel even older J. I can honestly say that I have lived such a wonderful, full life, that I feel very satisfied with where I am in my life. God has blessed me with a great husband. Then He continued to bless me (us) by giving us six amazing children – four boys and two girls! I have an awesome church, church family and friends galore. I have a warm home and two cars that work. I am a Founding Consultant with a direct sales company (Clever Container) and am one of the first line of leaders, having grown my team to around 50 in just 2 short years. Additionally, I’m back to work in an office - after about 10 years of being home with my family, and this addition to my life has also given me a new sense of fulfillment.
Still, I would be lying to say that I don’t have hang-ups. Mostly it is because my intentions and my actions are very far apart. This year, I hope to shorten that gap. I don’t want to constantly be striving and not feeling like I’ve achieved what I’ve set out to do. I feel there is so much more I could be. . . to my children, my husband, my mother, my friends. I want to make this the year that I live each day with the fullest of intentions.
Anyway, this song really echoes those feelings. So, I’m adopting it as “my” theme song for this year. . .
(for those of you who would rather hear the song, rather than to just read the lyrics, you can view her (Britt Nicole) singing this song live in K-Love’s studio (by the way, I LOVE K-Love!!) here on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wddc8UzNiG8
Walk on the Water, Britt Nicole
You look around, it's staring back at you
Another wave of doubt
Will it pull you under? You wonder . . .
What if I'm overtaken? What if I never make it?
What if no one's there? Will you hear my prayer?
When you take that first step into the unknown
You know that He won't let you go
So what are you waiting for?
What do you have to lose?
Your insecurities trying to hold to you
You know you're made for more, so don't be afraid to move
Your faith is all It takes and you can walk on the water too
So get out . . and let . . your fear fall to the ground
No time to waste, Don't wait
And don't you turn around and miss out everything you were made for
I know you're not sure, so you play it safe . . try to run away
If you take that first step Into the unknown, He won't let you go
So what are you waiting for?
What do you have to lose?
Your insecurities trying to hold to you
You know you're made for more, so don't be afraid to move
Your faith is all It takes and you can walk on the water too
Step out, Even when a storm hits
Step out, Even when you're broken
Step out, Even when your heart is telling you telling you, telling you to give up
Step out, When your hope is stolen
Step out, You can't see where you're going
You don't have to be afraid
So what are you waiting,
What are you waiting for?
So what are you waiting for?
What do you have to lose?
Your insecurities trying to hold to you
You know you're made for more
So don't be afraid to move
Your faith is all
It takes and you can
Walk on the water...
Walk on the water too

No comments:
Post a Comment