Pages

10.03.2010

UNPREDICTABLE. . .

So tonight I’m sitting in the kitchen with my daughters and youngest son, hand-washing the dishes (cuz my dishwasher isn’t working L) preparing to make some cookies that we saw them making on the Food Network yesterday. I have my laptop on and we are all singing really loudly and being silly. Man, sometimes music hits you where you live, ya know? I have been really trying to solve our present woes and have all types of plans for our family and how things are going to work out. I have been under a lot on undue stress because things just won’t work out the way I want them to. I don’t seem to be able to do what I think needs to be done. Do you know that I’m so stubborn that its really not even an actual consideration of mine that perhaps God has other solutions that I just don’t see and that I need to stop trying to ‘fix’ things and just let Him guide our lives. So, imagine how humbling it was to me to really tune in to the words that me and my girls were singing (full volume!) in the kitchen. Gotta love Francesca Battistelli! The song is called Unpredictable and it goes a little something like this:

Got my thoughts, I got my words, Got this head full of answers

Got You wrapped up. Got You under control

See my future like the past behind me. I think I know where You’re leading

Don’t need no questions. Don’t need no rocking the boat.

But I just forget all the mystery, I just forget who You are.

When I know that I know what You have down the road

When I’m sure that I’ve figured You out

Help me see that I’m small. That I can’t know it all

‘Cause You’re so unpredictable (Cause You’re so unpredictable)

You said the foolish would shame the wise

To put my faith in what’s beyond my eyes

And to believe You, I have to come as a child

So help me to rest in the mystery of what I can’t understand

When I know that I know what You have down the road

When I’m sure that I’ve figured You out

Help me see that I’m small. That I can’t know it all

‘Cause You’re so unpredictable,

Can’t wrap my mind around You.

Can’t put You in a box.

Can’t keep You safely contained, no.

You’re gonna move the way

You wanna move today

Just let me follow along.

When I know that I know what You have down the road

When I’m sure that I’ve figured You out.

Help me see that I’m small. That I can’t know it all

When I know that I know what You have down the road

When I’m sure that I’ve figured You out.

Help me see that I’m small. That I can’t know it all

‘Cause You’re so unpredictable

‘Cause You’re so unpredictable

You’re unpredictable

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Free E-book with subscription!

Getting Organized Magazine - Wide Banner Ad