- Put God first. I don't think that it is a coincidence that the first commandment that the Lord told Moses to write down and teach the people was 'I am the Lord, your God, you should have no other gods before me.' He is a jealous God. He wants us to give Him the glory that He is due. God created you in His image. There is nothing that is, or was, or every will be that is not in the hands of God. We need to seek out what His will for our lives are. We need to pray constantly. There is no way for us to put God in His proper place in our life if we do not spend time with Him through prayer and Bible reading and study.
- Be Intentional in your living. It is SO easy to just 'exist'. To do the next thing. Believe me, I am there. I have to constantly strive toward breaking myself from the habit of just doing what needs to be done without giving much consideration to what it was or whether or not it was 'the best' choice for my time. I'm not there. This is a struggle in my life, no doubt. I think that in our society, busy is confused with productive. I think it is all too easy to be exceptionally busy and still completely unproductive. There is always something to be done, but if it isn't the right things, we are wasting our time. This, of course, brings us back to our Rule 1, since the best way to know whether or not you are doing the 'right' things is to be walking in fellowship with our Lord, Jesus Christ.
- Well, I'm assuming that at least MOST of my readers are moms. For us, I think that the third most important rule to live by is: Teach Our Children what is truly important. Above all, we want to lead our children to the saving knowledge of the Gospel. Our society will encourage us to help our children grow to be successful in many areas: academically, athletically, and socially. Do we want these things for our children? Of course! However, what is really important, what really matters. . . . is to help our children become a person of faith and character.
What do you think are the most important rules to live by? I'd like to encourage you to check out a wonderful woman named Cindy Rushton. Boy, she has LOADS of resources and websites available to help keep you encouraged on your journey of biblical motherhood! Check her out through the link below to read other like-minded mommy's postings on what they think the 3 most important rules to live by are. This is part of Cindy's Mommy Homework. J Check it out today and let me know how it blessed you! http://www.cindysdesktop.com/?p=2964

No comments:
Post a Comment