Tuesday evening this week brought very sad news that my mother's only living sibling had passed on. Merikay had been failing over the past weeks, and while it wasn't a shock, it is still a sad time. Merikay did know and accept Jesus as her personal savior and we know that she will go to heaven. My mother, of course, is very comforted by that knowledge - as are we all. Merikay was mom's oldest sister. Merikay's husband passed on several years ago. . . and I still remember how sad I felt that they were separated - they had such an obvious love for each other. I am sure that there is a very happy reunion! My mother was the youngest of eight in their family, and now all of her brothers and sisters have passed away, and it has impacted my mom quite a bit. Mom is in her seventies and in rather poor health herself. I have the honor of helping her in a number of ways, as we have lived together over the past 10 years. It is a living arrangement that has gone well, mostly. She and I do not think the same way at times, and yet I believe that our differences are mostly complimentary.
My mother's salvation story is an interesting one, but a long one. She entered a convent immediately after her HS graduation and was a nun and Catholic school teacher for a good number of years. Illness caused her to come out of the convent and return home. She met my father, got married, and together they took care of three foster children and then had the three of us kids. My mom is no longer even Catholic. No, not Catholic, but Yes, she is saved. Intrigued? I will have to remember to blog that story here another time. But, for now, I must try to get some sleep as I will be attending the funeral with mom tomorrow. Prayers for the family are appreciated.

My prayers are with you and your family..So sorry to hear of your loss
ReplyDelete